SD-2912 - Executive Sous Chef
Executive Sous Chef, St Andrews - Scotland
Innovation. Creativity. Cutting Edge.
Do these words excite you? If so, we could have the role for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, creative and imaginative chef to join our extensive Kitchen team in the position of Executive Sous Chef.
Working closely with our clients Executive Head Chef, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the overall guest dining experience in the multiple outlets throughout this luxury hotel. The role encompasses menu development in all the outlets, from fine restaurant standards to Banqueting, while using excellent innovative and creative skills with the best local produce Scotland has to offer.
You will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the Hotel’s kitchen brigade including the Restaurant & Bar; Grill; Private Dining; Conference & Events; Afternoon Tea; and Spa – ensuring excellent food standards and consistency throughout
Financial planning, cost control and full compliance with regards to Health & Safety, Food Hygiene and Licensing regulations are all important aspects of this role. The successful candidate will also be responsible, alongside the Executive Chef, for the recruitment, training and development of the kitchen brigade to facilitate succession planning and the continuous improvement of the Resort’s food product.
A challenging and rewarding role, this is a rare and exciting opportunity, not to be missed!
- Minimum three years Sous Chef experience in similar operation with proven ability to develop and manage multiple outlets over varying meal periods; or, single unit Head Chef experience with previous experience in
five star Hotel operations
- Culinary Education and Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate required
- Strong staff training / development experience
- Previous experience of menu planning desirable
- Computer and kitchen systems knowledge is a must